- Conventions in this Guide
- User Interface (UI)
- Object Explorer
- Feature Pack Tools - Network Engineering
- Guest Tools
- Configuration Options
Workbench 0.18 User Guide
An instance is a sub-grouping of data within a workspace. A typical use is to group all of the data associated with one instance of a problem. Whereas a workspace can be used to hold all data relating to a problem investigation, an instance groups the data for each instance of that problem.
To add an instance go to the top left corner of the Object Explorer pane and click on the icon that appears as a document with a star in the corner.
This will create an instance in the Object Explorer with the default name of Instance. The Rename function can now be used to set a useful name.
There are three ways to rename an instance:
- Double-click on the instance label to produce an editable version
- Click on the instance and press F2
- Right-click on the instance label and choose Rename from the menu
save the new name hit the Return button on your keyboard.
An instance can be deleted in two ways:
- Click on the instance so it is highlighted and then press the Delete key
- Right click on an instance and choose Delete
You can view the properties of an instance in three ways:
- Click on the instance so it is highlighted and then press Alt-Enter
- Right-click on the instance and choose Properties
- Use View -> Properties Window to display properties, float or dock the window so that the Object Explorer is visible and then click on the instance